Excerpts: Letter from NSW Ombudsman to HealthQuest
On 18 March 1999 NSW Ombudsman wrote to Dr Helia Gapper, director HealthQuest
Dr Helia Gapper,
PO Box K609
Haymarket Post Office NSW 1240
(Referred to in Ombudsman Letter to Whistleblowers Australia, March
- In what circumstances, if any, does HealthQuest decline a
- Does HealthQuest accept referrals from any departmental officers or is
a certain level of seniority required?
- Is there any type of information HealthQuest will not accept from departments
making a referral?
- Well publicised complaints have been made alleging HealthQuest has
been used inappropriately by departments attempting to deal with employees
they see as "troublesome". When receiving a referral relating
to a person who identifies themselves as a whistleblower, does
HealthQuest have any additional procedures in place to ensure
this is not the case?
- What information does HealthQuest give to employees about the assessment
process, the assessment decision and the reasons for the assessment